In 1773 a new church building was erected in the second
cemetery, which had been opened in 1738, on the southwest
corner of Vroom street and Bergen Avenue. It fronted
Bergen avenue, about the, center of the east side of the lot.
The stone above the door of the first church was placed
above the door of the second building with a stone beneath
with the inscription
"Her bowt in Het yaer 1773." Both are now over the
door on the south side of the present church building
on, Bergen and Highland Avenues of which the corner
stone was laid August 26th, 1841. This site is part of
the land originally reserved for the pastor's use. In
the walls of the present church are many of the sand
stone blocks from glacial bowlders that were formerly
built into the walls of the earlier church buildings.
The third church was dedicated July 14th, 1842.